Monday, March 31, 2008

Plagiarism, thy name !

The song "Pehli Nazar Mein" from RACE kept lingering in mind ever since I heard it on one of the radio stations. I was so proud of the kind of music that was being churned out by the Hindi Music Industry. But, the truth had to show its ugly face ....
Recently, while i was browsing the net for the same song on Youtube, I saw a Korean song in the "Related videos" list. I clicked on that Korean song, and not surpsingly it had the same tune and the beats as its Indian version. I knew that this was not the first time Pritam had lifted the tune from a foreign source.
A small research on the web led me to a site that showed up not just not-so-original compositions by Pritam, but also by many other Indian composers !
The list has not spared even the likes of AR Rahman !
Kudos to the efforts of the site's owner who has not just given the names of the source from which the songs were lifted, but also a short audio of the originals.

http://www.itwofs.com/itwofs.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Plagiarism, thy name !

It was nt' a "small research" on the net that led u to that site...
it was a "small email" from me...

kaustubhans said...

lol Hey man actually I didnt see that link which u had sent it along with ur mail ! Trust me ! later today when i was reading ur mail again, i saw that link and was thinking how it had escaped from my eyes . . . anyway nice research by you too . . .